Footage of Girls Day Out 2012
Goulburn Race Club
Goulburn has a long association with racing, with records indicating that racing commenced in 1838 when challenge races held by Troopers took place in the vicinity of the Gordon Hotel.
The oldest Goulburn Cup Trophy dates back to 1885.
On opening day, 12 October 1949 trainer Tommy Smith and jockey George Moore won the main race of the day with Tyrant.
The Goulburn & District Racing Club Limited was founded in 1969 after a combined Club known as the Goulburn & District Racing and Trotting Club was disbanded. Mr Jim Bell, a past Chairman of the Australian Jockey Club was the inaugural President of the current Club.
The Club was incorporated in 1989 and is now under the control of eleven elected Directors. Election of Directors is held annually in November and nomination is open to all financial members.
In 1999 the Club moved to its new premises in Racecourse Drive off Taralga Road. The Club is now in charge of its own destiny and has no constraints.
Goulburn & District Racing Club Limited is in the business of providing the best thoroughbred racing in Country New South Wales, with the highest quality facilities for trainers and horses alike.
Mick Doyle from Doyles by the Beach is the winner of our 2013 Sponsors Club.
Goulburn Race Club is a responsible provider of alcohol. No alcohol is to be brought on or taken off the premises. No liquor is to be served to a minor.